About the Program
The Add Milk! Healthy Fluid Milk Incentive program is designed to increase the purchase and consumption of fluid cow’s milk.
Why milk? Fluid cow’s milk offers several unique health benefits.
- Provides 13 essential nutrients
- Promotes proper child brain and bone development
- Is a natural source of protein
- Reduces the risk of high blood pressure, heart disease, and diabetes
Yet, nationally, 90% of Americans do not meet the recommended amounts for dairy consumption.
By creating a one-for-one-dollar match on healthy fluid milk purchases, the Add Milk! program seeks to make it easier for SNAP recipients to purchase and consume milk for healthy lives.
The Add Milk! Healthy Fluid Milk Incentive (HFMI) is a pilot program of Baylor University’s Collaborative on Hunger and Poverty in partnership with Jubilee Food Market, ShopRite grocery stores, and Wakefern Food Corporation. This SNAP nutrition incentive is designed to increase the purchase and consumption of fluid cow’s milk for SNAP shoppers. The project is funded by a grant from the United States Department of Agriculture’s Food and Nutrition Services. The Add Milk! program follows USDA's nondiscrimination policy, which can be viewed HERE.
How It Works
Who can participate?
Any SNAP participant (individual or family) can take part by using SNAP dollars to purchase a qualifying milk product.*
What type of milk products can I buy?
Qualifying products include ANY size 1% or fat-free fluid cow’s milk. Products must be pasteurized, unflavored, and unsweetened.
How do I get coupons for milk products?
- To get a coupon, purchase a qualifying milk product.*
- When you check out, purchase your items with your SNAP EBT card. A coupon will be printed with your purchase that you can use LIKE CASH on future purchase of eligible products!**
- For every dollar you spend you’ll earn a dollar toward your next purchase of eligible items.
- Use the coupon printed from your qualifying purchase on your next transaction or shopping trip to buy any redeemable product based on your location.
- Coupons expire within 60 days and can only be used at participating stores.
* “Qualifying fluid milk” is 1% or fat-free fluid cow’s milk without flavors or sweeteners that meet FDA, state, and local standards for fluid milk Vitamin A and D levels.
** “Eligible products” that can be purchased with your coupon vary by retailer. See the location’s page for details.